Top Pharmacy Job: Dual Licensed Pharm Tech Needed in San Diego, CA
If you’ve ever wanted to live in America’s Finest City, and if you’re a dual licensed pharmacy technician, check out this great temporary position in San Diego, California.
What’s the “catch?” Well, you need to be dual licensed as a pharm tech in both California and New Jersey!
This is a temporary position. If selected for the assignment you will be responsible for:
- Answering calls from patients, doctors, and insurance companies, doing so in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Calling insurance companies and physicians in order to verify prior authorizations, prescriptions, special medication approval, and overrides. You will also need to contact patients in order to obtain additional information including insurance information and demographics.
- Entering patient, insurance, doctor, and prescription information accurately and quickly into our client’s computer system, as well as processing claims for adjudication.
- Using the company’s software to record receipt of prescriptions (including the prescription itself), insurance information and chart notes. You will also record the times and dates these were received and record applicable authorization numbers and pharmacy referral information.
- Using software to record contact, and attempted contact, with patients, doctors and insurance companies.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work in the San Diego area and have open, valid and active California and New Jersey pharmacy technician licenses. You must have at least six months to one-year of recent experience as a pharm tech within either a long-term care, retail pharmacy or call center setting. You will also have to pass a background check and drug screening.
Indeed.com reported in late September that the average annual salary for a pharmacy technician in San Diego was $26,000.
As an employee of Rx relief® on assignment with our client, you are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Health insurance (with prescription coverage)
- Cafeteria Plans
- 401(k) and additional deferred compensation programs
- Free continuing education
- Part-time associates may be eligible for low-cost group health benefits.
If this position interests you, contact the recruiters at Rx relief®. We look forward to getting your postcard from San Diego!