We don’t have to tell you how important continuing education (CE) is for your career, as well as for the health of your patients.
Read below for some information on pharmacy CE opportunities.
Power-Pak Continuing Education (www.powerpak.com) offers dozens of articles, programs, webcasts, etc., for pharmacists. Some of the programs are free.
A recent sampling of course titles:
- “The Clinical Challenges of Multiple Sclerosis: Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacist Perspectives”
- “Ocular Surface Health in Glaucoma Management: The Pharmacist’s Role”
- “The Clinical Challenges of Multiple Sclerosis: Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacist Perspectives: Case Study 1: Clinically Isolated Syndrome with Clinical and Paraclinical Predictors of Accumulation of Disability”
Rx School (www.rxschool.com), lists many ACPE accredited continuing education and review courses for pharmacists, pharm techs and other healthcare professionals (such as nurses). Courses are affordable (usually $33) and are held via webinar.
Some recent course titles:
- Strategies to Improve Medication Adherence and Access
- Pharmacy Malpractice: A Lawyer’s Brief
- Medication Errors: A Continuous Quality Improvement Approach To Prevent Errors
The Pharmacy Times (www.pharmacytimes.com) always lists CE courses. Many of them are free.
Samples of CE courses listed at PharmacyTimes.com include (but certainly aren’t limited to):
- “Case 1: Evolving Therapeutic Strategies in Cancer Therapy-Induced Bone Loss: Examining Breast Cancer”
- “Case 1: Optimizing Outcomes in Osteoporosis Management: How Can the Pharmacist Help?”
- “Case 1: Antiplatelet Therapy: Dealing with Variability of Response”
More opportunities for CE courses may be found by clicking on the links below:
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (The Pharmacists’ Learning Assistance Network)
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- National Community Pharmacists Association
- American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- American Pharmacists Association
What continuing education courses do you like to attend? Tell us and our Rx relief® blog readers here.
In the meantime, if you’re a pharmacist or pharm tech looking for new opportunities, be sure to send your resume/CV to an Rx relief® recruiter. We look forward to discussing our many pharmacy job openings with you soon.