Oklahoma City, OK
Date Posted: December 12, 2014
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 96887
Staff Pharmacist - Retail Per Diem
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmaceutical care services to retail patients in a customer service-oriented retail pharmacy environment. Primary focus is on meeting customer needs by providing direct communication and assistance when needed, and prescription and product verification for accuracy and appropriateness.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify the accuracy of prescriptions translated by pharmacy technicians.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications (product verification).
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations pertaining to the dispensing of controlled substances and the maintenance of required records.
- Provide drug information to patients and co-workers.
- Communicate and interact with members and other health care providers regarding patient's drug therapy as needed.
- Supervise the technical support personnel who assist in the prescription filling process.
Staff Pharmacist - Qualifications & Requirements
- Professional judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist and interact directly with customers
- National Provider Identifier or "NPI #" - https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/StaticForward.do?forward=static.npistart
- At least 3 days per week of availability between 9am - 9pm
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years of recent retail pharmacy experience
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree is required
- Active and current OK State Pharmacist license – NO previous actions or disciplinary actions on file