Date Posted: April 18, 2014
Job ID: 89388
Rx relief is among the nation’s leading specialty pharmacist placement firms and we are seeking a Pharmacy Technician to fill the role of a certified pharmacist to assist with the preparation of medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you will work with the Pharmacist to price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician include:
- Receiving written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate
- Establishing or maintaining patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients
- Maintaining proper storage and security conditions for drugs
- Answering telephones, responding to questions or requests
- Pre-packing bulk medicines, filling bottles with prescribed medications, and typing and affixing labels.
- Mixing pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions
- Cleaning and helping to maintain equipment or work areas and sterilize glassware, according to prescribed methods
- Assisting customers by answering simple questions, locating items, or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
- Receiving and storing incoming supplies, verifying quantities against invoices, checking for outdated medications in current inventory, and informing supervisors of stock needs and shortages
As a Pharmacy Technician you must have proven experience with pharmacy working in various settings including retail and hospital.
Additional requirements of the Pharmacy Technician include:
- 1 to 2 years of recent retail pharmacy experience
- Bubble pack experience is a must
- Pay $17/hr
- Must have open, clean and active OR license
- Ability to successfully complete background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
Rx relief, your “CAREER CONSULTANT" has pharmacy jobs and opportunities available. We use our 60 years of pharmacists experience for your benefit. We network with pharmacy managers, pharmacist-in-charge, and directors of pharmacy to assist them in uncovering and identifying gaps in personnel needs, or how to gain efficiencies from their system of operations with a staff from Rx relief that is experienced and proficient, and ready to show their value.
Rx relief is a great way to preview employers you may be considering, finding a new career, or to change practice settings. Rx relief is the leading provider of temp, temp-to-hire, and permanent placement positions; and we locate and develop these positions in all pharmacy practice settings: hospital, home infusion, long term care, managed care, mail order, management positions, and retail. At Rx relief we’re known for the respect with which we treat our team.
Yes, Rx relief is the employer, but we employ pharmacy professionals, not workers. Rx relief has established the critical link between pharmacy professionals and employers by studying the needs of each to develop strategies targeted at solving today’s serious staffing issues. Consider Rx relief as your “CAREER CONSULTANT".
Apply for this job
Please enter your email address and click submit. You will be directed to an online form to complete your application.
Rx relief® is an approved GSA contractor. This allows for a streamlined contract vehicle for selling to the Federal Government; namely the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Defense, Indian Health Service, Bureau of Prisons, State Veteran Homes.